Peter Bergman - Unit Manager Electronics & Electromechanical
“As FPGA Design Engineer, you are in the driver seat of your career within advanced electronic systems and high tech machines. We offer a range of challenging projects, with which we make the world a better place together by developing solutions in the most challenging industries. Innovation is at the center of what we do and accomplish. With your ambition, our Capgemini Engineering Academy and our projects, your career will be taken to the next level. We are looking for new colleagues who share our passion to further make a difference. Are you ready to continue your career as part of a multi-functional team responsible for the design of innovative systems involving complex electronics?
As an FPGA Firmware & Board Designer you are designing, realizing, testing and maintaining FPGA Firmware designs for high tech and high-performance products. Furthermore, you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electronics designers.
The FPGA Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate in multidisciplinary design teams
- Define and document requirements for the FPGA Firmware designs
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions
- Define, document, and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies the requirements
- Select IP blocks and solve potential problems during first system integration
- Contribute to analysis and solution of issues
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers
- Act as a technical coach for other team members.
What do you bring
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electronic Engineering
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch & English in word and in writing
- Highly motivated team player with good social- and communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as electronic design engineer working in multidisciplinary teams, with experience in:
- Designing simulating and testing programmable logic firmware
- The use of VHDL
- high-speed communication and IP blocks
- measuring equipment, scope/ logic analyzers
- Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic and digital design in general
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics, and software
- Highly proficient in FPGA design languages and tools (Altera/Intel and Xilinx) like: VHDL, System Verilog, UVM, Questa Sim, Modelsim, Quartus, GIT, JIRA, MATLAB/SimuLink
- Nice to have:
- Embedded programming (C, Python)
- Experience with Matlab HDL coder
- Experience with Verilog
- Board design experience
What motivates you?
In today’s world, change is a constant factor. Leveraging the positive potential of change is your driver. Innovation is your guiding principle – an inspiration that brings you to life and gives meaning to everything you do. At Capgemini engineering we value open and honest feedback, we trust and respect each other; “practice what you preach.”
Get the future you want
In addition to challenging work opportunities, nice colleagues and delicious coffee, Capgemini Engineering gives you freedom and flexibility to help you achieve your professional goals. We invite you to enable us fuel your ambitions that promotes individual empowerment and growth with a wide array of training opportunities in an inclusive environment
What do we offer?
- Cold feet? We don’t get them. That’s why we offer you a permanent contract straight away.
- Mobility allowance.
- Get the future you want. From the start, you will be giving plenty of opportunities to develop yourself and shape your career, including the opportunity to attend various courses. We offer boundless trust and support.
- Holiday pay and plenty of time (26 days) to spend it.
- A noncontributory pension scheme, so you’ll be looking back fondly at your time at Capgemini Engineering.
- Work where you like on a device of your choice and our connectivity allowance.
- Your first necessity of life as a Capgemini Engineering professional: a fast laptop and a SIM card that you can also use privately.
- And, of course, an appropriate salary. Let’s talk about it!