Peter Bergman - Unit Manager Electronics & Electromechanical
“As Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you are in the driver seat of your career. We offer a range of challenging projects, with which we make the world a better place together by developing solutions in the most challenging industries. Innovation is at the center of what we do and accomplish. With your ambition, our Capgemini Engineering Academy and our projects, your career will be taken to the next level. We are looking for new colleagues who share our passion to further make a difference. Would you like to be part of one of our Scrum teams? Or would you rather take responsibility in an individual project or secondment? We would be happy to talk to you."
This competence is about the design and development of electrical cabinets and associated connectivity interfaces. The electrical cabinets contain diverse sets of electrical equipment like controllers, power supplies, computing modules etc. Activities comprise designing connectivity: cabling harnesses between active and passive electronic boards (PCBA's), electric transducers (sensors and actuators), racks, cabling and connections (plates and feedthroughs), and engineering the cabinet/enclosure.
As an Electrical Mechanical Engineer, you will be involved in electrical and mechanical 3D design, cabling and routing design, creating product documentation (TPD) and participation in product validation and test. You will be part of a team with Project managers and Lead engineers.
- Working on cabling concepts, cable routing, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety aspects;
- 2D and 3D CAD design of various electronics products such as cables, racks, cabinets, boxes with electronics, connection boxes, connection plates, back panels, rear panels and controller PCBA’s;
- Creating and maintaining TPD’s (technical product documentation);
- Maintain high quality level by organizing reviews of own work and participating in reviews from other designers;
- Interfacing with other Electrical Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Designers and Flow and Temperature Engineers;
- Act as an interface to external suppliers;
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers;
- Investigate and solve issues on the electromechanical designs.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
3 – 5 years of experience as engineer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary module design teams to establish agreement on specifications;
- Experience in working with electromechanical components (e.g. connectors) and familiair with their mechanical and electrical properties;
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics, cabling, mains, safety, diagnostics, thermal aspects and cooling;
- Preferably experience with NX and TCE;
- Understanding of Agile way of working would be preferable;
- You are flexible and able to communicate on different levels;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch & English in word and in writing
What motivates you?
In today’s world, change is a constant factor. Leveraging the positive potential of change is your driver. Innovation is your guiding principle – an inspiration that brings you to life and gives meaning to everything you do. At Capgemini engineering we value open and honest feedback, we trust and respect each other; “practice what you preach.”
Get the future you want
In addition to challenging work opportunities, nice colleagues and delicious coffee, Capgemini Engineering gives you freedom and flexibility to help you achieve your professional goals. We invite you to enable us fuel your ambitions that promotes individual empowerment and growth with a wide array of training opportunities in an inclusive environment
What do we offer?
- A permanent contract with a nice salary;
- Minimum of 25 vacation days & holiday pay, with a possibility to buy extra days;
- Mobility allowance for your travel costs. You can use this mobility allowance for a (hybrid or electric) lease car or you can have it paid out gross;
- A good pension;
- Working from home allowance;
- Extensive education and training opportunities, where your unitmanager is, together with you, responsible for your development;
- Innovation groups, plenty of trips, drinks, knowledge nights, pizza sessions and LAN parties;
- Become part of an open culture in which diversity is one of our guiding principles.