Peter Bergman - Unit Manager Electronic & Electromechanical
“As Connectivity Design Engineer you are in the driver seat of your career. We offer a range of challenging projects, with which we make the world a better place together by developing solutions in the most challenging industries. Innovation is at the center of what we do and accomplish. With your ambition, our Capgemini Engineering Academy and our projects, your career will be taken to the next level. We are looking for new colleagues who share our passion to further make a difference. Would you like to be part of one of our in-house teams? Or would you rather take responsibility in an individual project or secondment? We would be happy to talk to you."
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products to put your skills to the test? This vacancy might just be the right one for you! As an Electrical Connectivity Engineer, you will design, realize, and to a limited extent specify and manage electrical connectivity design of high-tech products. You will support the lead engineer in identifying work packages and defining WBS items. This Competence is about the design and development of connectivity interfaces designed to interface between active electronic boards (PCBA's) and electric transducers (sensors and actuators) such as; passive printed circuit boards assemblies (PCBA's), racks, boxes, cabling and connections (plates, boxes and feedthroughs.
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team and interface with multiple projects to realize own work;
- Manage the electrical interfaces between the modules in the product (in modules);
- Implement engineering changes into products;
- Investigate and solve issues on the electrical connectivity;
- Design, specify and validate various electrical connectivity parts that meet the international standards on electrical safety and EMC, by documenting;
- Participate in realization of the electrical connectivity like cable harness, connection panels, electronic racks & cabinets, electronic cooling and mains distribution;
- Design overview of all electrical connectivity like detailed wiring diagrams and functional breakdown diagrams;
- Broad technical knowledge on electronics / cabling / mains / safety / diagnostics / electronics cooling;
- Experience with general electrical engineering principles and electrical development methods and processes;
- Knowledge of electrical connection methods, AC mains power and DC distribution and signal transmission;
- Basic knowledge on EMC and electrical safety standards (IEC) and US standards (NFPA, UL);
- Ability to set up wiring and cabling concepts.
What do you bring
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 3- 5 years of experience as designer of electronic functions, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications;
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics;
- Basic knowledge with temperature-, flow- and pressure control is preferred (not a must). Also, basic knowledge of vacuum technology and of (gas) safety is preferred (not a must);
- You are flexible and able to communicate on different levels;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch & English in word and in writing
What motivates you?
In today’s world, change is a constant factor. Leveraging the positive potential of change is your driver. Innovation is your guiding principle – an inspiration that brings you to life and gives meaning to everything you do. At Capgemini engineering we value open and honest feedback, we trust and respect each other; “practice what you preach.”
Get the future you want
In addition to challenging work opportunities, nice colleagues and delicious coffee, Capgemini Engineering gives you freedom and flexibility to help you achieve your professional goals. We invite you to enable us fuel your ambitions that promotes individual empowerment and growth with a wide array of training opportunities in an inclusive environment
What do we offer?
- Cold feet? We don’t get them. That’s why we offer you a permanent contract straight away.
- Mobility allowance.
- Get the future you want. From the start, you will be giving plenty of opportunities to develop yourself and shape your career, including the opportunity to attend various courses. We offer boundless trust and support.
- Holiday pay and plenty of time (26 days) to spend it.
- A noncontributory pension scheme.
- Work where you like on a device of your choice and our connectivity allowance.
- Your first necessity of life as a Capgemini Engineering professional: a fast laptop and a SIM card that you can also use privately.
- And, of course, an appropriate salary. Let’s talk about it!